Using the Vision 20/20 “Prevention Saves” Video
One of the tools developed as part of the Vision 20/20 Guide to Fire Prevention Advocacy is a brief video, “Prevention Saves.” This informative resource can be shared in a variety of ways, including through email.
The video was created for general adult audiences, so it is not appropriate for school presentations. Its purpose is twofold: to help viewers recognize that fire is a very serious and far-reaching community problem; and to persuade them to invest in community fire prevention.
Some suggested uses for this video include:
- Posting it on your fire department website and via any social media outlets utilized by your department, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Sharing it with other local agencies for use on their websites and through their social media outlets
- Emailing it via public opt-in contact lists, if appropriate
- Including it as part of your presentations to the public, decision-makers, business leaders, etc.
- Playing it as a loop presentation on a monitor visible at fire stations, open houses, exhibits, etc.